Senior Software Engineer
CreditCards.com a Red Ventures company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop and own cutting-edge back-end services for consumer-facing financial applications. We help people get the most out of their money through smart credit card recommendations and are looking for someone to enhance that experience by creating new APIs, data models, and analytics tools.
About the Role:
- Design new API specifications for use inside and outside the organization.
- Design sensible schemas and models for rendering bank data at scale.
- Develop scalable API services for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools.
- Build efficient systems for link tracking, click analysis, and revenue reports.
- Work with product and UX team to define minimal data sets to power web views as well as partner API exchanges.
- Work with engineers to propose database schema changes in both traditional MySQL and NoSQL stores.
- Integrate new external APIs into platform.
- Own full development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to production environments.
- Proficiency with object-oriented back-end programming at scale, Java preferred
- Proficiency with implementing new data schemas in a database as well as the DAO layer of frameworks
- Proficiency with defining, documenting, consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2)
- Experience with efficient sorting and mapping strategies for large data sets
- Experience with handling scaling challenges, and continually improving algorithms from agile MVP to optimized production software
- Familiarity with BDD or other automated testing tools (e.g. Jasmine, Cucumber , Spock)
- Familiarity with how databases work, experience in a relational paradigm (e.g. MySQL) as well as NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (nginx, tomcat, thin, virtual host configuration)
- Familiarity with source control, build, and deployment tools: (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven)
- Familiarity with Linux and ability to do command-line debugging as needed
A small, agile software development team environment
Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
401(k) with employer contributions
Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.