Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Platform Team)
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting when employee or company assets have been compromised. We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
Who You Are
You are an experienced, passionate developer who enjoys taking on challenges. You are looking for an opportunity in a startup where you can grow with the company, both as an engineer and a leader. You are energized by the opportunity to help grow our product portfolio by the end of the year. You are self-motivated and be able to switch contexts as business needs change
- Pyramid Web Framework
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, and much more)
What You WIll Do
- Help design, develop, deploy, and test new products and features
- Take on full product roadmap items and be able to deliver high quality results on time
- Participate in a fast-paced environment
- Adopt existing team practices and recommend improvements as needed
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience delivering high quality production software
- Strong working knowledge of a high-level language such as Python, Ruby, Java, etc. We primarily use Python but it’s not necessary for you to know. We’re confident you can become effective in it quickly.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Experience with a relational database
- Experience with a NoSQL database
- Experience with an MVC web framework (e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails, Pyramid, etc)
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with a version control system. We use Git.
- Excellent communication skills
- This job posting is for Austin, TX only. We're not looking for remote developers at this time
The Interview Process
- A 1 hour phone call to discuss your experience and a few technical questions
- If all goes well, we’ll send you a programming challenge to work on.
- An onsite where you will meet with the team and present your solution to the programming challenge.
Job Type: Full-time