Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Worksmith will provide you the opportunity to develop the necessary skillset to become a senior executive in the technology industry.
Not only will you will be given the opportunity to hone your engineering skills across our entire technology stack - from our React Native mobile app, to our Spring powered API, to our DevOps setup in AWS - but you will be given the opportunity to learn about business, entrepreneurship, and leadership - how effectively communicate between departments, how to think about analyzing cost vs. value of a new project or initiative, how to set deadlines and deliver. We believe strongly that this well-rounded skillset is a requirement for all leaders in the technology space, and we believe that Worksmith offers the unique opportunity to grow these skills - quickly.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Architecting solutions for new features, from our front end systems, through our API, to our database.
- Participating in grooming sessions to ensure that the scope of work for each feature is accurate.
- Contributing to the tech debt backlog and owning the prioritization and roadmap associated with it.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Having a good understanding of not only our technology stack, but of the business itself.
- And most importantly, delivering the mail - making sure that your features are delivered on time.
Some examples of recent technical projects that our senior engineers have completed include:
- Set up our CI process with Jenkins
- Led the efforts to build our new React Native mobile app from scratch
- Architected a solution to more consistently and predictably send system notifications
- Load balanced our API through AWS
We look for these qualities in our candidates:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, TX
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience with Spring, AWS, and/or React is a plus, but not required
Worksmith is transforming the way high end brands manage their in-person customer experience by revolutionizing the store experience (Store XM). Our software-enabled marketplace seamlessly connects retailers, restaurants, salons, etc. with local service providers across the US and Canada to create store environments that reflect their brand.
Worksmith’s software saves time, money and headaches: for clients, Worksmith provides the peace of mind of knowing any emergency or recurring maintenance need is being handled efficiently and effectively by the Worksmith network.
For service providers, Worksmith is an easy-to-use, pay-for-performance marketing vehicle that provides job opportunities without the hassle of sales and marketing, billing or collections. Our platform provides the means for local service providers to dramatically grow their business: the top-performing service provider made over $160,000 through Worksmith in 2018.