Senior Software Engineer at Khoros
Khoros is adding to our engineering muscle within several of our product R&D teams at our Austin headquarters. The R&D teams in Austin lead the development of our Care and Marketing products. As an engineer on one of these teams you will collaborate, build, and support the product road-map for one of these products.
About Khoros engineering...
We write code. We operate in small teams and interface with each other through code, GitHub pull requests, and Slack. It's how we scale.
We build event-driven Java backends and React frontends. We have strong engineering led standards, but teams have the flexibility to use the tech that makes sense for them.
We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Our engineering voice is critical in making our software awesome.
We are empowered to make decisions. Our motto is decide, execute, and iterate. We don't always get it right. We are human, but we commit ourselves to helping each other, learning from our failures, and iterating to excellence.
We grow. Our industry is changing constantly. We want new engineers that want to learn, and we want experts that want to set the bar high.
- A software engineer with industry experience who loves creating and shipping products
- A strong, opinioned, team players that has something valuable to contribute
- An effective communicator who listens empathetically and articulates ideas well
- Committed to your continued learning and growth as a technologist (if you can get the job done not having experience with technology we use is ok)
- 5+ years of professional Java experience
- Familiarity with React and willingness to work in front end code
- A strong understanding of NoSQL data design
- Work with a sharp, tight-knit engineering team on impactful projects
- Be on an autonomous team building interrelated microservices
- Build software using a modern Understanding of AWS products (Kinesis, EC2, DynamoDB, etc.) and of open source technologies such as Elasticsearch,
- Build software using a modern stack and robust deployment tooling, leveraging open sourced services like Kinesis/Kafka, ElasticSearch/Solr, Cassandra, MySQL, Postgres, and Kubernetes/Docker as well cloud-native services like EC2, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda
- Collaborate with design and product teammates to build products that will generate the most value for customers