We are looking for a Senior Software Manager in Test to join us and lead our team of test engineers (TEs) and software engineers in test (SETs) in transforming our engineering organization to reach continuous delivery, enabling rapid build, test, and deployment cycles for our services that help over 40 million monthly visitors save money and discover phenomenal deals at their favorite retailers.
Your team will build test automation for our web sites, native applications, and services. You will work with engineering leaders ensure their needs are being met including definition, implementation, and maintenance of effective test strategies. You will guide the members of the test engineering team to help them grow their skills and careers.
You will direct testing strategy by identifying key principals, processes, and technologies that are required to support continuous delivery. You will advocate for making these changes across the org and report on progress to senior leadership. You'll identify hot spots to shift resources or invest in new technology and tools to reduce toil on tasks that are challenging to automate.
Who You Are
- You are an engineering leader that loves producing high quality software
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have automated testing of web UIs, APIs, Android, and iOS which are written using Node.js, Java, Kotlin, Swift, PHP, and Python
- You have built CI/CD pipelines that drive consumer-facing software products
- You have used agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond the boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
- You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth.
- You have phenomenal communication and teamwork skills
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science
- You have 5+ years as a software engineer or software engineer in test and 5+ years experience in engineering leadership
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of test engineers (TEs) and software engineers in test (SETs) who are building innovative solutions that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Hire and mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define organizational OKRs with Product and other partners and goals for the engineering teams
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.