Senior Technical Artist at Unity Technologies
Unity's Professional Services team is looking for a Technical Artist to solve customer problems across a variety of exciting fields, such as video games, media and entertainment, manufacturing, automotive and architecture. Our customers include globally-known brands, and they need their art pipelines optimized, their visual targets met, and timely advice on how best to use Unity. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and curious, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will include interacting with customers, researching and delivering the answers to their questions, developing solutions and examples, and striving to ensure that their projects succeed.
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and it’s usually conducted during week days.
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools
- Develop and maintain art production workflows and pipelines by writing scripts and tools to aid artists in the creation of content
- Visit customers for short-term consultations and give them advice on how to improve their existing pipelines
- Produce and integrate assets such as particle systems, shaders and other VFX into our customers’ applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding technical limits of the platform
- Build close relationships with Unity’s internal development teams and provide customer feedback and uses cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Experience creating optimized 3D assets (portfolio required)
- Understanding of technical art asset delivery suitable for real-time usage/application
- Professional experience with content creation tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya/Max
- Experience creating shaders with node-based or other shader systems
- Professional development experience in a team context using one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house) and version control systems (e.g., Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundamentals, such as modeling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and pipeline tool development
- Experience with profiling and performance optimization of applications
- Experience writing shader code in Cg/HLSL and with C# and/or Python
- Experience in digital content creation using tools such as Substance Painter, Substance Designer, and ZBrush
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Comfortable with regular travel across North America
- Able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.