Site Reliability Engineer at SpaceCraft
Founded in 2010, SpaceCraft was built from scratch right here in Austin, TX with a simple mission to help customers create beautifully effective websites. The company emerged as an early innovator in the space by incorporating responsive design and easy to use editing tools, and in the years since has continued to bring new product to market faster than its larger counterparts by nurturing a culture of continuous improvement within its lean engineering team.
Today, Spacecraft has roughly 25 employees spread across product, operations, support, and sales, and offers competitive rewards packages and a casual work environment in a modern office space, located right in the heart of downtown Austin.
SpaceCraft is both highly client service oriented and highly product focused, but those two areas are managed by separate teams entirely. This is not a client facing or client support role, and instead offers an opportunity to join a highly technical team responsible for product development and integrity.
The Site Reliability Engineer role is part of a nimble 6 person product function,and works alongside the software engineering team to design, deploy, and manage the organization’s cloud-based infrastructure and software platform.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This is a mid-senior level role, and the team is looking for someone who wants to do more than simply keep the servers running and/or monitor application performance. The right candidate for this role will bring a combination of infrastructure experience and software development knowledge, and will be looking for a position that will empower them to play an active part in solving the organization’s critical infrastructure challenges, driving efficiencies, lowering costs, and eliminating bottlenecks.
To be considered, you absolutely MUST-HAVE:
• A minimum of 3+ Years directly managing cloud based infrastructure
• Prior work experience with Kubernetes
• Working understanding of firewalls, security groups, and networking
• Experience with Git, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
• A proven ability to think critically and solve problems using a combination of logic and technology
The ideal candidate will also bring:
• Experience specifically with Linux on Google Cloud Platform
• Development experience, ideally with Node.js and/or Go
• Prior experience managing multi-tenant software platforms
• Working knowledge of CouchDB, Redis, BigQuery, and/or My SQL
• Experience with Fastly / Varnish