Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for deploying and running our production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health. SREs are the heart of DevOps. They are a blend of pragmatic operators and software developers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our infrastructure. You will report to the Sr. Manager, SRE.
- You will work closely with developers to provide feedback and drive operational improvements within our production infrastructure.
- Responsible for Deploying/Monitoring/Maintaining the production environment/services, taking a holistic view of system health, and ensure that our platform is stable and balanced
- Develop infrastructure and network best practices
- Participate in our on-call operations and monitoring pool
- Document processes and procedures with appropriate level of detail
- Create, maintain, extend, and operate the SDLC platform used to build, test, package, and deploy our web and mobile services and applications
- Measure and optimize system performance with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support for large, distributed software applications
- Production performance and uptime analysis
- Other responsibilities may be added or assigned
- 3+ years of administration experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environment
- 2+ years of experience within a high-performance, 24x7, SRE/SysOps/DevOps team
- 2+ years of experience with a version control system (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (ex: Python, Bash)
- Experience with IaC(Infrastructure As Code), such as Terraform
- Experience using modern web application frameworks
- Experience with multiple areas of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Route53)
- Experience with pipeline based SDLC automation such as GitLab, Jenkins Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline or other
- Experience delivering services via containers to AWS
- Experience working in a security and compliance-sensitive industry or environment.
- Maintained RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Working knowledge of the following: o DNS o HTTP/HTTPS o Linux o SSH/SCP/SFTP
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Privacy Notice is for applicants who reside in California. We adopt this notice to
comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other
California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning
when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a
particular consumer or device (“personal information”).
last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal
identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email
address, account name, Social Security number, driver's
license number, passport number, or other similar
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical
characteristics or description, address, telephone number,
passport number, driver's license or state identification
card number, insurance policy number, education,
employment, employment history, bank account number,
credit card number, debit card number, or any other
financial information, medical information, or health
insurance information. Some personal information
included in this category may overlap with other
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national
origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status,
medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic
information (including familial genetic information).
Internet or other similar network
Browsing history, search history, information on a
consumer's interaction with a website, application, or
Professional or employment-
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Use of Personal Information
following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, please do not hesitate to