Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
As a Software Architect at Kazoo, you will help to design, execute, and communicate the technical direction for our product platform. You will develop a deep expertise with Node.js, GraphQL, and TypeScript to help teams deliver the future of Kazoo's product!
We have an exciting technology roadmap that includes a company-wide GraphQL standard, an emerging microservices architecture, and a desire to continuously improve.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Work across team boundaries to ensure amazing engineering outcomes
- Design core platform features and data models to enable delivery
- Mentor and review code to raise the bar on engineering practice
- Write and ship code, both solo and pairing with other engineers
- Continually improve the team's engineering practices
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Both front-end and back-end development experience
- Experience leading teams toward best technical solutions
- A strong bias towards action (ship today, ship again tomorrow)
Nice-to-haves for the role:
- TypeScript and Node.js expertise
- Microservices and event-based architectures
- Experience with the react React ecosystem or equivalent
- Developer experience and tooling development
- PostgreSQL, or other relational data modeling experience
- Leadership and/or management experience
Bonus points for having:
- You've pulled off a wildly successful greenfield project that redefined software engineering at your company and you want to do it again!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.