Software Development in Test (SDET) at Cerity
We are Cerity, a talented team of Software Engineers, Designers and Machine learning and AI engineers. Located in downtown Austin, we are working on the next generation disruptive technology movement in the insurance space. We're looking for inspired, talented professionals to assist in moving forward the industry with technology and innovation.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test for our Quality focused automation team. As an SDET on the Cerity QA team, you'll work closely with our development team to ensure the functional integrity and efficient design of our next generation product offerings. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of our tech stack and collaborate with colleagues to develop manual and automated validation strategies for upcoming features. Essential attributes include; strong customer focus, open source technology experience, a passion for test development, and the ability to collaborate and create scalable solutions.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a broad set of technologies to help implement our test automation and reporting strategy for applications that will help the team deliver on new features and functionality. The role works directly with Engineers, Product Managers, and Program Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms.
- Implement and assist in maintaining the test automation architecture
- Expand the regression suite to increase the speed and quality of our releases
- Write and maintain REST automation suites
- Drive web automation with Selenium
- Participate in design reviews to help increase the testability and maintainability of our systems
- Experience with Sauce labs/Browserstack (distributed device testing)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL and one or more database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Dynamo DB etc.)
- Deep knowledge of REST/JSON architecture and testing
- Task driven with a positive attitude and ability to communicate with cross functional teams
- Experience working with AWS cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins/Travis CI
- Experience with source control systems (Github/Bitbucket)