Software Engineer - Capital and Payment Products at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Summary of Role
Levelset helps thousands of contractors secure over $3 billion in construction payments each month. Clunky document requirements and complex construction payment laws slows payment to 83 days on average. This locks up capital and causes cash pain for millions of contractors, 98% of which are SMBs that don’t always have access to traditional sources of capital. Levelset wants to break this cash crunch for small contractors by integrating payments and capital products into our platform and finding new ways to underwrite using our unique data assets, backed by expertise in lien rights to secure payment.
We’re looking for experienced engineers to join our team to help build a suite of capital and payment products embedded in our SaaS platform. We’re looking for engineers with experience in both lending products and payment products.
If you have experience building any of these types of products, we’d love to hear from you:
- Lending and Capital
- Familiarity with with building lending products, processing credit applications, and building the servicing and operating components of a lending platform
- Knowledge of common external data source to perform credit and regulatory checks (KYC/AML)
- Experience integrating internal data sources to make credit decisions a plus
- Experience with payment APIs, like Stripe and Stripe Connect
- Familiarity with best practices around security and processing ACH and Credit Card transactions
- Familiarity with card issuing or treasury products a plus
Our software engineers have a strong background in software development and computer science, good problem-solving skills, are knowledgeable about algorithms and data structures, and are well versed in coding using different technologies. Our backend development is done primarily in PHP, but evolving beyond that to other technologies as it makes sense.
One of our Core Values is the “Most Important Place to Work.” Our team members are ambassadors of our brand, and help make the company the “Most Important Place to Work” to team members at all levels. You should be passionate about what you do, and drive that excitement to your team.
- Develop, debug, implement and support web-based software applications and services
- Modify existing software to add new features, correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environments, or improve performance
- Comply with project coding standards and industry best practices
- Work on a shared code base, in a team environment, cooperating with co-located and remote team members
- Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery dates
- Help us develop new capabilities and expertise, especially around financial technologies
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts
- Excellent problem solving and research skills
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent understanding of the full web stack
- Excellent understanding of structured database design concepts and practices
- Excellent coding skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong understanding of HTML/JS/CSS concepts
- Strong debugging and tracing skills
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and driven to improve
- High accuracy in work and keen attention to details
- Experience in using MySQL engine and advanced features
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Familiarity with graph theory and graph databases is a huge plus
- Familiarity with PHP is a huge plus, but not required
- Familiarity with git code versioning is a plus
- Familiarity with PHP MVC frameworks is a plus
- Experience in web application optimization techniques is a plus
- Experience in Linux administration is a plus
- Experience in software solution and architecture design is a plus
- Understanding of regulatory issues in the financial space a plus
- Knowledgeable about fraud and security issues related to payments and lending a plus
- Technical understanding of payment processing systems a plus
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.