“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
Software engineers are expected to spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Additionally, talent at all levels will play a role in building and maintaining a culture which focuses on making sure every engineer progresses in their career in line with personal goals/expectations.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health’s digital properties
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks/technologies
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience a plus)
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of software development experience and/or a reviewable portfolio of work required
- Experience building/maintaining consumer facing products
- Experience working within Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.)
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.