Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic information company, whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding at a rapid pace. To support the Invitae mission, our engineering team needs to innovate quickly. The platform’s focus on scale, speed, and supportability enables this pace while keeping us lean and efficient.
The mission for our Platform team is to create the systems upon which we build the rest of Invitae. The platform provides self-service tooling to support Invitae’s assay development efforts to expand genetic services.
We are looking for engineers who bias towards building maintainable libraries and databases at scale.What you will do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable Python code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Contribute to technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
- Proven 2+ years industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a backend Python codebase
- Hands-on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.). Tuning and query optimization is a plus.
- Top notch interpersonal skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- A mission-oriented attitude and a desire to never stop learning.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.