About the Role
Cloudflare is a system spanning the globe, on a mission to make the internet better, safer, and more powerful everyday. With this goal in mind, our product teams have deployed thousands of containers—at an ever increasing rate.
As an engineer on the Kubernetes Platform team, you'll be building the tools to help engineers deploy and operate the services that make Cloudflare work. Our mission is to provide a reliable, yet flexible, platform to help product teams release new software efficiently and safely.
What You'll Do
- Research and implement solutions that help developers use Kubernetes
- Help product teams use Kubernetes and shape best practices
- Build traffic routing, service discovery, secrets, and access control solutions
- Ensure platform security, and guide security best practices
- Contribute back to the open source community
- Leave code better than we found it
What You'll Need
- Recent career experience with Go and at least 3 years experience in the role of full-time systems/software engineer (any language)
- Experience with deploying and managing services using Docker on Linux
- Excellent debugging skills
- A firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing and DNS
- Source control experience including branching, merging and rebasing (we use git)
- The ability to break down complex problems and drive towards a solution
- Be passionate about improving User Experience
- Experience implementing Kubernetes controllers/operators
- Operational experience deploying and managing Kubernetes on bare metal
- Experience with storage platforms such as Rook and Ceph
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.