“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
We are in search Mobile Software Engineers of all levels here at Bright Health! In this role, you will be playing an important role in helping to define and build Bright’s mobile strategy that will span across multiple functional zones potentially reaching out to millions of users. You will be instrumental in delivering the mobile app that will debut the new consumer focused Bright Health.
We are hiring Mid to Lead level roles. If you have at last 2 full years (or more) of hands-on-keyboard experience, in a production environment, we'd love to chat with you!
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute up and down the product stack (frontend + some backend) as needed to deliver the best user experience.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality.
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 8 years in mobile development in a mature software organization
- At least two years of experience with either iOS or Android native development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience building cloud-based applications using services like Azure or AWS
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment processes and systems
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You take pride in your work
- You love learning, and you love teaching
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats depending on what is required to deliver the best end-user experience
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
The Consumer Platform Team here at Bright is creating the most remarkable healthcare technology that places power and results back into the hands of the patient.
We are a team that is constantly optimizing to improve results.
We’re doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems for ourselves and our community of members.
Titles don’t matter. Results and ambition do.
There is no bureaucracy or red tape. We are insanely biased toward action, led by data and problem solving.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.