Software Engineer – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
Amherst Residential is hiring for a Software Engineer for its office in Austin, TX. As our Software Engineer and database developer you will use your broad skill set and passion for data to help to enhance and grow our current ETL toolsets and data delivery. You will also be helping to build our data warehouse analytics platform for our Single Family Buy-to-Rent business which will provide property level data and analytics for each property within our nationwide portfolio. This role will include supporting ETL operations with a small team of data engineers and will require some nights/weekends oncall support. This position reports to the Director of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
A little more about this role:
- Work with business owners, data and BI teams to build data warehouse solutions
- Design, modify, and implement tooling to support the data warehouse and ETL team
- Ability to work on multiple ETL partner/vendor integration projects
- Design and build data structures and processes to populate data warehouse systems using knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Recommend alterations to designs and implementations to improve stability and security of products and/or procedures
- Gather and document requirements from internal customers
- Design and implement from those requirements
- Create unit tests, validation procedures, and document technical specifications.
What you’ll need to have:
- Programming Languages: C#, .Net, VB.NET, PowerShell
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Full Stack Development - Visual Studio 2013-2017, Net Framework 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, Team Foundation Services
Messaging technologies such as Rabbit MQ, Solace, Tibco
Web Technologies such as React, Typescript, Angular
- Web services - RESTful, SOAP
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and MS SQL Server 2016
TSQL skills a must
Familiarity with CI/CD Practices
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!