Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
What you’ll do
- Solve complicated problems and value the struggle of learning.
- Ask good questions, demonstrate empathy, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Contribute code to all aspects of the Verb codebase, including both the client and admin apps.
- Build fullstack features by creating scalable backend API services and performant frontend components.
- Expand on Verb’s current testing framework.
- Be an AWS guru and embrace the beauty of cloud services.
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, and QA to implement and deliver features.
What you’ll bring to Verb
- 2 years of experience developing back end and front end components of web applications running at scale
- Experience working with NodeJS using common design patterns
- Proficiency with a modern UI framework, preferably React or Vue
- Experience working with document stores, like MongoDB
- Experience with a well-known relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Interest in CI/CD methodologies and a firm grasp on Git
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes, especially Agile
- Proven diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and self-motivation
What will set you apart
- Experience working with AWS services (Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, VPC, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of React, preferably with Redux
- Experience with testing and behavior driven development
- Knowledge of the Serverless framework
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools, such as Gulp and Travis CI
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.