Software Engineer at Verb Inc.
Verb is an online leadership development platform that delivers whole person development via experiential learning. Our content framework combines traditional business skills with modern topics, like Self-Awareness, Servant Leadership, Unconscious Bias, Empathy, and Growth Mindset. Our experiential learning platform integrates microlearning, peer learning, mentorship, feedback and assessments.
What you’ll do
- Solve complicated problems and value the struggle of learning.
- Ask good questions, demonstrate empathy, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Contribute code to all aspects of the Verb codebase, including both the client and admin apps.
- Build fullstack features by creating scalable backend API services and performant frontend components.
- Expand on Verb’s current testing framework.
- Be an AWS guru and embrace the beauty of cloud services.
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, and QA to implement and deliver features.
What you’ll bring to Verb
- 2 years of experience developing back end and front end components of web applications running at scale
- Experience working with NodeJS using common design patterns
- Proficiency with a modern UI framework, preferably React or Vue
- Experience working with document stores, like MongoDB
- Experience with a well-known relational database like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Interest in CI/CD methodologies and a firm grasp on Git
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes, especially Agile
- Proven diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and self-motivation
What will set you apart
- Experience working with AWS services (Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, VPC, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of React, preferably with Redux
- Experience with testing and behavior driven development
- Knowledge of the Serverless framework
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools, such as Gulp and Travis CI
When you work at Verb, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible work from home policy; and a great culture where you can be the best, honest version of yourself. At Verb, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices.