At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
We are a customer-first company and we want all efforts and communications to represent this philosophy. Collaboration is an important facet of this. The Engineering team works and sits directly with the Product, Marketing and IT teams. A few examples of feature-adds/projects the team has recently worked on include:
- Site-builder using serverless infrastructure and React front-end
- Inline content and style editing platform hosted in the cloud (GCP, Node.js)
- Event tracking proxy that feeds our various marketing and sales systems (GCP, Kubernetes)
- Modernization, automation and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Docker, CodeShip and CircleCI
As a Software Engineer you will be expected to work with detailed technical requirements for a product or set of features and be able to cleanly implement that product or sets of features. You should have a decent computer science foundation in areas like formal logic, data structures and algorithms to name a few. You will report to one of our Software Engineer Manager's and be part of a team of Non-Senior to Senior Software Engineers.
- Continuously deliver high-quality software using the latest proven frameworks, data storage, and open source technologies
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available ecommerce applications
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Actively looking for ways to make everything better
- Experience working in modern agile and lean methodologies
- Own your impact working with designers, peers, product managers and other departments to release features.
- Be familiar with online SaaS subscription software
- Brainstorm ideas and directly impact a well-defined business metric
- Eager to help create the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of proven software development experience
- Experience with Node.js, React/Angular
- Strong knowledge of services; GraphQL and microservice experience is a plus
- Google Cloud or AWS experience
- SQL and no-SQL Database knowledge; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- High emotional intelligence
- A/B test mentality
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Waterloo Sparking Water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings