We’re looking for a stellar software engineer to help build our platform, CoEFFICIENT. Versatility will be key in this role, as you'll be jumping between frontend and backend programming to deliver a performant and responsive web application for our end users. As an engineer at Square Root, you’ll collaborate across teams, all the while, considering how people will use what you’re building. So empathy, approachability, and listening are essential parts of the job! You should also be two steps ahead, understanding how your work impacts other systems, the product, and our vision. A willingness to learn and adapt are key to thriving in our agile environment. At the end of the day, our software engineers like to solve problems and believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest path when it comes to difficult challenges.
Interested? Keep reading!
- You love to code. You understand basic design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You have 3+ years of work experience in software engineering, both frontend, and backend, and you’re willing to pitch in where help is needed.
- You know that tech is dynamic, and you have a thirst for learning and understanding current development, best practices, trends, and techniques.
- You’re not married to a particular tech or set of tools. Right now, we’re using AngularJS, React, Rails and following RESTful and Microservice architecture, so experience in any of those areas would benefit you!
- You’re all about digging into complex problems, and don’t hesitate to grab a partner when the going gets tough.
- You ask questions, are clear with your expectations, and pitch in wherever you can.
- You’ve got the grit and resilience to push forward, even when things don’t go as planned.
- You have a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Sound like your kind of gig? Apply now!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here are some fan favorites:
- Flexibility: no dress code, unlimited PTO, and paid parental leave
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!). PEOPLE Magazine recognized our Learn Anything program in their 2019 list of "50 Companies that Care," located here.
We’re always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don’t worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply! Additionally, Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender and sexual identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.