Industry analysts predict that within 10 years, 4 out of 5 decisions will be machine assisted. Currently, only 1% of data is even being accessed, let alone leveraged to make better decisions. As the adoption of advanced analytics, machine learning, and Edge/IoT continues to proliferate, 100% data availability will be the primordial ingredient required for enterprises to be successful at scale. However we have reached a tipping point where the effort involved in making data accessible is far exceeding the value we create with the data.
Positioned as an Enterprise Data Virtualization company, we leverage a deep portfolio of inventions that modernize data access by simplifying, accelerating, and enabling improved control over data. We are based in Austin and Palo Alto, and we are a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete revolution in the way enterprises access data. Our team wakes up every day energized by our mission to unlock human potential through the power of data. Solving this incredibly difficult access problem will lead to a super evolution across in industries like Healthcare and Transportation.
If you want to join a team who will make a huge impact on the future, this is what we are looking for:
Molecula is looking to bring on a Software Engineer to help us accelerate the development of our product. We are looking for people who are passionate about building and delivering enterprise grade software that will push the boundaries on how data is accessed today. You will play a critical role in advancing our functionality and delivering value to our customers, while supporting the open-source ecosystem and working on low-level, distributed systems.
We welcome candidates in Austin, TX or remote.
- Implementing new features outlined in our product roadmap
- Writing tests and benchmarks ensuring the product adheres to our stability and performance standards
- Participating in code review
- Assisting with customer issues, which may require interfacing directly with customer stakeholders
- Responding to questions and issues generated by the open-source community
- Promoting the product with blog posts, meetups and conference talks
In this position, you will be expected to have—and the propensity to build upon—the following requirements:
- Experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Go or other concurrent programming language - multithreaded or coroutine based
- Experience with distributed computing systems
- Experience with a variety of data stores (i.e. relational, noSQL, graph, Hadoop) and data pipelines (i.e. Apache Kafka)
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills with the ability to work in a stakeholder facing capacity
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.