FloSports, a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company, is currently looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our expanding team. At FloSports, you will be joining the MileSplit team to create and integrate with a custom application that interacts with backend timing software to collect and display real-time results impacting millions of track & field fans.
Ideally, this position will reside in Orlando, Florida, but we are open to hiring a qualified remote candidate.
- As a full-stack engineer, you will be expected to have a familiarity with both front end and backend technologies and best practices.
- For front end responsibilities, you should have knowledge of responsive design techniques to create compelling experiences, with a mobile-first mindset, using the Angular framework (version 9+). This will be a single-page application that displays real-time results and timing data.
- On the back end, you will integrate with various track & field timing software and systems, create RESTful API endpoints with JSON, and work with databases such as MySQL and Firestore. Our APIs are built with TypeScript, Node, Express, and NestJS.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors like LESS and SASS.
- Proficient in consuming and building RESTful APIs with JSON and CRUD.
- Familiar with the sports of track & field, cross country, and road running.
- Love elegance and power of TypeScript.
- Experience with the Firebase stack including RTDB, Firestore, Cloud Functions, etc.
- Worked with NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Couch, DynamoDB, and especially Firestore or Firebase RTDB. Know when these solutions are appropriate and their pluses and minuses versus relational databases.
- Familiarity with best practices and standards for UX across a broad range of devices. Should thoroughly understand and execute concepts such as mobile-first, progressive enhancement, graceful degradation, adaptive and responsive design--and know the differences between each.
- Have written and appreciate the importance of unit and functional tests, but willing to put results and hitting goals ahead of having perfect test coverage.
- Deliver tested & performant features through an iterative approach: building, measuring, and learning.
- Believe there is nothing more beautiful than elegantly written code, but also recognize it might not be perfect on its first pass. Instead, know that through micro refactoring you should leave it better than you found it each time you touch it.
- Think on your feet, be able to work collaboratively on a team, and have a great passion for technology and creating amazing products.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud.
- Have used caching technology like Redis or similar key-value stores.
- Experience with PHP and frameworks like Symfony.
- Experience with track & field timing software and systems such as Hytek, FinishLynx, FieldLynx, RaceTab, MeetPro, Ipico/Trident, Race Director, RunScore, etc.
- Understand the sport of track & field from an athlete, coach, and/or timer perspective with an intimate knowledge of what the users of our software will be looking for on the user experience side.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you? Apply Today!
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment
Apply online at FloSports.TV/Careers