Software Engineering Manager
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
Atmosphere is currently looking for a highly motivated Software Engineering Manager who will help us scale and cultivate our engineering teams. This individual will be knowledgeable across the stack; front end, APIs, datastores as well the software development lifecycle. The individual must also be passionate about the customer’s user experience and provide meaningful input, direction and coordination across the Product & Engineering department to ensure we’re building the right thing for the customer. You will be faced with the challenge of being a manager/mentor to individuals, a technical lead, and a product expert.
Atmosphere was incubated under the Chive Media Group and spun out in 2019. Since then, Atmosphere has tapped into something no other cable company has ever attempted. It's single-handedly defined the streaming TV-for-business category. By designing a streaming service focused on retail businesses, Atmosphere is meeting the needs of two underserved markets: businesses looking for free, audio-optional TV programming, and advertisers that have never been able to effectively buy media to reach an out-of-home audience on TV screens. With millions of TV customers cutting their live tv subscriptions, both cable and streaming, Atmosphere allows TV advertisers to reach an unreachable audience. Recently Atmosphere raised a $100M Series C and is growing its team, distribution network and product value like crazy!
- Mentor, coach, and manage teams of engineers
- Manage teams and individual career paths
- Architect and guide implementation of scalable solutions
- Strategize, iterate, and execute while maintaining long term vision
- Collaborate with other engineering and product leaders to ensure compliance and communication of deliverables.
- Explore and document new tools that push the engineering department forward.
- 8+ years design and building systems:
- Backends: REST APIs, RDBMS, NoSQL, etc…
- Version Control, Integrating 3rd party APIs, Agile
- Strong experience leading other engineers and owning projects
- Strong CS algorithm and data structures background
- Strong empathy for the team and its individuals
- Bias towards simplicity
NICE TO HAVE
- PHP, Node.js, Python, Typescript
- Modern frontend frameworks like Vue.js, React
- Modern backend frameworks like NestJS, Laravel, Flask
- GCP, AWS, CI/CD, Testing automation
- CS Degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Company 401(k)
- Company equity
- Competitive insurance plans
- Catered lunches
- Open vacation policy
- So much more!