Software Engineering Manager at Praxent
The Ideal Candidate
- You are an integrator, as excited about solving business and people problems as you are engineering puzzles.
- You are energized by the creation of value and love nothing more than figuring out how to support a business function with as little code as possible.
- You are a visionary, capable of seeing the big picture and communicating it back to your team in a way that drives alignment and collaboration.
- You value consistency and love working cross-functionally and cross-discipline to ensure best practices are being followed and evolved.
- You have a history of successfully estimating large complex projects and leading teams to deliver on time and on budget.
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
- Human Capital Management – Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work.
- Customer Service – Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
- Team Building – Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Empowerment – The ability to enhance others’ commitment to their work by conveying confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority.
- Vision – Takes a long-term view and builds a shared vision with others; acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action.
- Goal Setting – The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Decisiveness – Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment.
- Architecture: Experience defining the architecture of cloud-deployed applications (AWS and Azure preferred); Expert knowledge of database design and data architecture.
- Devops: Experience defining and driving DevOps/SysOps best practices within small or large teams; Experience leading teams toward continuous delivery.
- Work well in an agency environment and be able to get the job done.
Who Should Apply
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant experience.
- 8+ years experience in building and deploying service-oriented cloud-based applications
- Leadership: 5+ years leading software development teams; Experience mentoring small teams of engineers
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in U.S.
Company benefits include: paid time off (vacation, public holidays & sick leave), health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, parental leave, company-wide professional development fund, IRA with company match, weekly catered lunch, flexible scheduling, occasional telecommuting and a casual work environment.