Software Engineering Manager at Atmosphere (Austin, TX)
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
Atmosphere is currently looking for a highly motivated Software Engineering Manager who will help us build and cultivate our engineering teams. This individual will be knowledgeable across the stack front end, apis, datastores as well the software development lifecycle. You must be passionate about helping the team and individuals become the best we can be.
Atmosphere was incubated under the Chive Media Group and spun out in 2019. Since then, Atmosphere has tapped into something no other cable company has ever attempted. It's single-handedly defined the streaming TV-for-business category. By designing a streaming service focused on retail businesses, Atmosphere is meeting the needs of two underserved markets: businesses looking for free, audio-optional TV programming, and advertisers that have never been able to effectively buy media to reach an out-of-home audience on TV screens. With millions of TV customers cutting their live tv subscriptions, both cable and streaming, Atmosphere allows TV advertisers to reach an unreachable audience. Recently Atmosphere raised a $100M Series C and is growing its team, distribution network and product value like crazy!
- Mentor, coordinate, coach other engineers and figure out how to make us better/faster/stronger
- Manage team and individual career paths
- Push for code quality and simplicity - CI (continuous improvement)
- Teaches engineers to more effectively work with product, ux and customers to make sure the team is building the right thing
- Coaches engineers to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain quality software
- Super eager to learn, work hard and grow
- Bias towards simplicity
- 8 years designing and building systems:
- Frontends: html/css/js js frameworks etc
- Backends: REST APIS, RDBMS etc
- Version Control, 3rd party apis, Agile
- Some CS algorithm and data structures background
- Experience leading other engineers
- Strong empathy for the team and its individuals
NICE TO HAVE
- PHP, Node.js, Python
- Modern frontend frameworks like Vue.js, React
- Modern backend frameworks like NestJS, Laravel, Flask, etc..
- GCP, AWS, CI/CD, Testing automation
- CS Degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Company (401(k)
- Company equity
- Competitive insurance plans
- Coolest office in Austin
- Catered lunches
- Open vacation policy
- So much more!