SQL Server Database Administrator
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Ensure the effective operation of the ETL platform and seek ways to continually monitor, test, and deploy improvements to its performance capabilities.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for ensuring database security and access controls in a highly regulated environment.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience. Computer Science or similar preferred
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Deep knowledge of SQL Server internals
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience maintaining and operating SQL Server as part of a version-controlled software development lifecycle
- Experience operating SSIS-based ETL platforms
- Full lifecycle experience including data modeling, ETL, data cleansing.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Nice to have: Experience operating SQL Server in a Cloud Environment
- Working knowledge and experience with other RDBMS and NoSQL Platforms preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Is eager to seek out and apply new technologies and skills for improvement in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
- Is comfortable working in a young, growing EDW environment, where processes and systems are still being defined