Sr Android Engineer at Fivestars
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you’ll plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant and consumer applications, impacting both our in and out of store experiences.
You’re an experienced Android developer, who values good design, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty in backend code. We are in a position to shape how some of the newest trends in tech improve how local commerce is done, and we would love to have you help us create that future!
- Work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, architect and implement new features for our consumer Android application.
- Evaluate application designs in regards to technical feasibility and approximate development time.
- Write high-quality code using Kotlin and Android Studio and design and implement RESTful APIs in our Django stack.
- Collaborate on UX design with development and design teams.
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests and good architecture and code review practices.
- Mentor, collaborate and promote best practices amongst team members.
- Invest in FiveStars and its culture - our values are something we live and breathe every day.
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 7+ years of software development experience, with at least 4 years in Android
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- Has shipped Android applications
- Experience using Android Studio, or Eclipse with ADT
- Has an understanding of mobile test strategies and frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Kotlin, Python, Django and Git