Sr. Devops Engineer
ShipStation is an Austin-based software company that has experienced tremendous growth in the past year. We help thousands of customers who sell online using Amazon, eBay, Magento, Volusion, BigCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, and over 45 other online marketplaces. Our web-based shipping applications streamline the order fulfillment process for anyone selling on the Internet.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Software Engineering and QA teams to design, implement, and manage infrastructure components that support new and existing products.
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud resources including server instances, load balancers, security groups, DNS management, certificates.
- Develop and deploy automated solutions that eliminate development constraints.
- Manage and maintain development and production systems. Troubleshoot issues as they arise by viewing logs, reviewing metrics and tracing events.
- Ensure system uptime by monitoring production systems and responding to issues with corrective action.
You must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 3+ years working in a DevOps or SRE role
- Experience managing and configuring common core AWS services including EC2, S3, Route53, SQS, IAM, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation.
- Able to automate processes by authoring and executing scripts in Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to use configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible.
- Experience with managing source code repositories such as Git.
- Basic experience with SQL including writing SQL queries, understanding database schema and security.
- Experience deploying applications in a hybrid linux/windows environment.
- Knowledgeable about web-based application development - ReactJs, C#, .NET, Entity Framework, NodeJs.
- Kubernetes, Swarm, ECS, Nomad or other container management experience is a huge bonus.
- Experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch and other distributed systems is a bonus.
- A strong desire to help, learn, and grow as an engineer while building a culture of automation.
If you are passionate about using technology to solve business problems, enjoy helping customers, and have excellent communication skills, then we want you to join us.
We offer a start-up environment w/ big-company perks:
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Pick your own tech gear
- Weekly catered lunch
- Stocked kitchen, Beer Friday, and at least one catered lunch per week
- Casual yet energized work environment
ShipStation is on a mission to make every seller, wherever they sell and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at shipping orders. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it happen. By furthering your career at ShipStation, you’ll enjoy the challenging work as well as the especially stellar benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled