COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
Your gift for analytical processing and bringing projects to perfect resolve has always been your strength. While you don’t seek glory or public recognition, you take satisfaction in knowing you’re great at what you do and that you’re an important part of a winning team. Volusion is seeking a take charge, technical/analytical data-driven perfectionist to fill our open Senior Full-Stack Engineer role.
- Define and drive technical solutions to product features: You will be the technical leader on a feature-focused engineering team tasked with rapid and accurate delivery of product features. You will architect these features through collaboration with the team, connect this architecture with business drivers, and ensure implementation inline with industry best practices.
- Build and expand a robust REST API: Our front-ends depend on clearly defined, performant APIs. You will help design our API endpoints and implement them in TypeScript and Node.js to ensure high performance and consistent results.
- Communicate, document, and ensure technical consistency across multiple feature and platform teams: We have multiple teams working on multiple features as well as improving the technical foundation of our platform. You will be a member of our cross-functional architecture group making technology and best-practice decisions for all of our feature teams and across engineering.
- Define, document, institute, and coordinate engineering best practices: Our platform must be performant, stable, secure, and reliable, and our engineering teams need to deploy routinely while ensuring high quality and repeatability. You will be responsible for working with our teams and our DevOps and operations engineers to implement processes for all of these “ilities” across the platform.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of technical ownership of a full-stack platform of a product: front-end, middleware, back-end, API, data layer, etc.
- 3+ years of E-Commerce or SaaS experience
- 3+ years of interacting with databases using SQL either through direct access or frameworks that support SQL querying
- Proven technical leadership of development teams from ticketing through delivery
- Well-formed opinions on unit, integration, and full system testing philosophy for APIs, deployment through continuous integration, and Agile
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React (including React hooks), React with Redux, Relay, and server-side and client-side rendering
- Public-facing REST APIs backed by TypeScript and Node.js
- SQL and no-SQL Databases; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, Firebase, and managed database services
- Search and caching using Elasticsearch, RediSearch, Algolia, and Redis
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress
- Breakfast taco and beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Tiny House Nitro Coffee, Bevi sparkling water, fruit and snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Adjustable desks
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outing