CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Project is an architectural and technological platform that provides common services to the entirety of CCC as well as to its partners and customers over APIs consumed as a service. The application development involves building highly available microservices that will be leveraged by partners and customer. The application provides guidance and technology selection and practices for cloud native, microservices patterns, provides commonly used services to help unify and provide a unified, single, consistent CCC experience Project Tech Stack: Java 8+, AWS, Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes), Drop Wizard / Spring boot, No SQL (Dynamo DB), Async Messaging (Kafka / Active MQ)
- Collaborates product stake holder teams to identify and implementation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Responsible for on time delivery of high-quality software and infrastructure components
- Responsible for leading onsite, remote and offshore development team for product releases
- Works closely with engineering team members, architects to design, develop and test all tiers of the application
- Participates in on-going maintenance and support including resolving any production issues / defects when needed
- Ensures that the services are built and deployed in an automated fashion
- Evaluates and prototypes new products and capabilities and provides insight on resulting value proposition.
- Monitors industry trends on web technologies and related concerns to aid with roadmap planning and risk mitigation.
- Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of other team members
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 5-8+ years' experience developing java based applications.
- Good understanding of microservices based software design & best practices
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience with any of the following:
- NoSQL data stores, Relational DBs, Object stores, cache frameworks
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Drop wizard or Spring Boot
- Apache Kafka
- Familiarity in using Git or another modern source repository
- Strong experience in unit testing principles & methodologies
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices
- A quality-oriented mindset focused on product delivery
- A strong capacity and desire to learn
- Proven ability to collaborate, proven ability to lead junior engineers
- Java EE
- Rest Web Services
Nice to Have:
- Web Service technologies:
- AWS technologies: