Sr. Platform Engineer
- Build highly scalable systems and services that ingest, process and store billions of events.
- Engineer solutions that need to work at enterprise grade.
- Be involved at all stages for designing & building of software platform tailored for AI centric & Telematics needs with focus on scalability and high-availability, operability and performance in a cloud environment.
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest technologies and constantly evaluate & re-evaluate solutions.
- Evaluate existing AI Platform framework such as AWS Sagemaker and make technology & tool recommendations to enhance the platform.
- Collaborate with the team to build Proof of Concepts (PoCs) in technologies (such as Blockchain, IoT, Telematics, Telematics platform, AI Platform) and provide detailed analysis of the evaluation.
- Conduct thorough performance and stress analysis to evaluate the solution before implementing it as part of the broader platform.
- Communicate progress routinely to the managers and raise any concerns early in the PoC phase.
- Present ideas to the bigger team and lead discussion.
- Lead and mentor the team.
- Work with other teams to hand-off parts of the platform.
- Technical environment: AWS, GCP, AZURE, Cloud platforms, Distributed Systems, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Hazelcast Distributed Cache, NoSQL DB, DynamoDB, Java, Python, JMeter, Terraform, Packer, Docker Containers, CI/CD methodologies (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/GoCD, Spinnaker, Linux/Unix), quality first driven methodologies (TDD/BDD), using algorithms at code-based level.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus two years of experience in the job offered or building scalable software platforms OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus five years of experience in the job offered or building scalable software platforms required.
- Required Skills: Experience building data and AI centric platform at scale, operability and performance in a cloud environment, AWS, GCP, AZURE, Cloud platforms, Distributed Systems, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Hazelcast Distributed Cache, NoSQL DB, DynamoDB, Java, Python, JMeter, Terraform, Packer, Docker Containers, CI/CD methodologies including Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/GoCD, Spinnaker, Linux/Unix, quality first driven methodologies (TDD/BDD), using algorithms at code-based level, experience with how and when to scale the platform, troubleshooting and problem-solving.
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!