Sr. Software Engineer- Acquisition at FloSports
FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Acquisition Team. There is a huge opportunity for this person to make an impact because the acquisition team is in its inception! Together with the Revenue team, this team will focus on converting non-subscribers into paying customers by driving boatloads of high-quality traffic to our sites & apps. This team will partner closely with our Marketing team to iterate on opportunities that allow us to reach new audiences at a larger scale and in a more automated, cost-effective manner.
As a full-stack engineer on the Acquisition team, you will be responsible for creating scalable solutions that have a major, long-term impact on FloSports subscriber growth. We believe in taking a data-informed approach to validate the impact of those solutions. Additionally, you will play a key role in implementing experiments (A/B/n tests) across our applications and APIs that allow the team to validate hypotheses in a cost-effective manner.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated engineers with passion and grit for both business and technological innovation. We work on AWS with Angular, TypeScript, Node.js, Serverless, & PHP, but the ability to embrace & adapt to changing technology is an important characteristic! Does this sound like something you'd like to do? Awesome, let's talk!
You’ll want to work with us if:
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated to deliver well-designed yet pragmatic solutions that teammates want to build upon
- You enjoy collaborating on a team with other engineers, product, design, & marketing to create experiences that attract & impact millions of sports fans
We would love to work with you if you:
- Possess the ability to solve cross-browser quirks and craft responsive, component-based UI layouts
- Can iterate rapidly while collaborating with designers & other engineers
- Have full-stack experience integrating server-side APIs with front-end interfaces using Node.js, PHP, Python, or Go
- Seek to drive efficiencies and automating routine workflows and tasks
- Deliver performant features through an iterative approach: building, measuring, and learning
- Efficiently learn new concepts, manage your own productivity, and desire to improve yourself, your team, and our products
What sets you apart:
- Clear communicator of thoughts and ideas
- Live to create awesome features that grow our product and the sport
- Seek out others’ opinions to further yours
- Passionate about building effective customer experiences
- YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media APIs
- SEO optimizations and Google Search Console and Google Lighthouse experience
- Production knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, or GCP Cloud Functions
Who we are:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 of live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
How we do it:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week