“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
Do you want to be in a position to shape the culture and practices of an ambitious Engineering organization working to transform health insurance in the U.S.? Do you want to work on green field projects, building something from the ground up? If so we might be the right place for you.
We are looking for Sr. and Lead Full Stack Software Engineers here at Bright Health! In this role, you will be in a hands-on development role collaborating with our team to help continue building the foundation of Bright Health's ultimate success.
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties
- Contribute to the design, development and implement systems, full-stack applications and/or websites related to the healthcare insurance industry
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack
- Build the development of integrations with outside/third-party systems as needed
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features
- Stay on top of bug and task management using JIRA or similar
- Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs quickly
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead learning sessions with other engineers as needed
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- C# & .NET
- Git & GitHub
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years in software development
- At least 3 years experience with ReactJS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Expertise in developing full-stack web applications
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You love learning, you love teaching
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge and helping to grow the knowledge of others
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you
- You enjoy doing it right first time and utilize tools & techniques to constantly excel in what you work to deliver it on time
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind the-scenes
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work
The Consumer Platform Team here at Bright is creating the most remarkable healthcare technology that places power and results back into the hands of the patient.
We are a team that is constantly optimizing to improve results.
We’re doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems for ourselves and our community of members.
Titles don’t matter. Results and ambition do.
There is no bureaucracy or red tape. We are insanely biased toward action, led by data and problem-solving.
This is a full-time position that is currently remote but will eventually be located in our Austin office, reporting to the Engineering Manager. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week (when it is safe to do so and employees feel comfortable doing so).
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.