Sr. Software Engineer - Platform/API/PHP
FloSports (http://www.flosports.tv/) is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Rodeo, Gymnastics, Soccer, Marching Band and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.
FloSports is seeking an extraordinary Backend Engineer who wants to improve and scale the platform team. We’re building the future of Live Streaming & VOD OTT consumer experiences for millions of fans. We’re dedicated to continuously improving the capabilities and performance of our platform API, Content Workflows and Metadata Systems that powers our consumer web, mobile, TV, and internal apps.
The platform team has many opportunities for a motivated engineer to have a huge impact and be recognized for it.
We work with PHP7/Symfony3, Node.js, Serverless, MySQL, Redis and Lamdba on AWS, but the ability to embrace & adapt with changing technology is an important characteristic!
- Work closely with other developers, product, qa and infra team to design, develop and improve new and existing API services, applications and data models
- Deliver safe and efficient code to our users while staying on top of application performance monitoring, logging, and alerts
- Lead and participate in technical software requirements, systems design and documentation, post-mortems, road-map planning
- Advocate and improve on project code quality, automated tests, CI/CD initiatives and the developer experience
- Provide mentorship to developers with a passion for learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience (5+ years)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise with PHP7, MySQL, Symfony3/4, Doctrine, Redis, Varnish, CloudSearch, Node.js, AWS
- Expertise in modern backend applications for large, high-scale web applications including MVC, RESTful APIs, caching techniques, performance tuning, HTTP protocols
- Solid grasp of common design patterns and object oriented design
- Experience with Message Queuing and Notification services (SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS, etc)
- Experience building automated unit and integration tests
- Passion for producing clean, clear, maintainable, and testable code that teammates want to build upon
- Experience with Containers, AWS Lamdba+Serverless and CI/CD is a bonus
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unleashing a world of sports coverage that true fans have been yearning for! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love! We stream the events from youth to pro, broadcast original video programming, produce weekly studio shows, and create authentic and world-wide coverage of sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) company matching
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexibility to work from home
- In-house learning programs
- Healthy snack options and catered lunch every week
- Social events, happy hours, and coed sports
- Bring your dog to work - everyday!