Sr Software Engineer\/SRE (Observability Team) - Duo Security at Duo Security
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 21, 2021
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider. Duo + Cisco = Disco With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud. Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We're transforming security from the ground up by solving the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge - safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges. We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams. We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We're kinder than necessary. Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that's why we're the most loved and trusted name in security.As a Senior Software Engineer on our Observability team, you will develop software and tools to empower Duo's product development teams. You will use your expertise to improve our existing systems and processes while developing novel solutions to evolving challenges. You will be responsible for the availability and reliability of critical platform services and applications ensuring we meet our target availability metrics. As part of the Site Reliability Observability team, you will help build and manage our alerting, monitoring, and logging platform. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for and visibility into everything we do. We value inclusion, empower autonomy, and emphasize software craftsmanship.What you'll do...
- Build and maintain the platform that will provide Duo's engineering teams with the visibility and data to create better more reliable products
- Work with product engineering teams to understand needs and help advocate for the practice of observability
- Mentor and lead engineers within the team and across Duo
- Lead the delivery of large scale, impactful projects to mature and scale Duo's platform as well as implement continuous improvements to automate toil
- Communicate cross functionally, especially with Product Development and Product Management teams, to align the organization around resiliency, availability, and product goals
- A history of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing toil
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices
- You have extensive experience working with customer facing systems in an environment that strives for 5-nines
- You are not afraid to fail and have demonstrated the ability to fail early and learn from it
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Prior experience building or deploying logging, monitoring, and alerting systems in a distributed cloud environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code - Terraform etc.
- Experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Prior experience writing web applications in Python
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You're excited about the future of observability and leading Duo in the effort to help our engineering teams build more scalable and reliable services
- Want to play a key role in building SRE best practices and evangelize their use across the organization
- The challenge of delivering high availability goals to customers excites you
- You believe in empowering others to achieve results