Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
We are looking for senior SRE’s to run our engineering operations environment. We are moving towards a new world of Total Ownership and are looking for experienced folks who can help us navigate in this journey and are excited to enable development, deployment, monitoring, and management at scale. You are an experienced SRE and leader who has transformed an organization from a group of self-deploying engineers into a world-class build and deployment machine. You enjoy being both an individual contributor and a mentor and leader, find joy in being of service both to your team and to the larger engineering organization, and stay on top of technical trends.
- Identifying and evangelizing technologies that will continuously improve (and at times transform) our engineering and operational landscape
- Providing technical leadership and help us move to Total Ownership
- Provide evangelism and mentorship of DevOps principles and skills to the greater engineering team
- Designing and deploying new infrastructures using cutting edge technologies
- Helping to transform our architecture to container-based microservices (including the SDLC toolchain)
- Working on scrum teams alongside developers and product managers to drive operational excellence of our existing infrastructure while evangelizing an operational focus on new projects
- Proven technical leadership in the DevOps domain
- Extensive AWS experience (EC2, S3, etc)
- Proficient with GAE and GCP environments
- Proficient in Ruby or Python
- Passion about DRY principles and automation
Some of the technologies we work with
- Container-based technologies like Docker and Mesos
- Google App Engine and Managed VMs
- Continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds, and performance monitoring
- Monitoring and managing scalable clusters that handle tremendous load
- Scaling Hadoop and HBase
- Open source contributions
- Commuter and transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy and seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.