RetailMeNot is looking for friendly, passionate software engineers to join our Android engineering team. Come join our team of engineers and help build engaging experiences that reach millions of app users every month. As a Staff Android Software Engineer, you’ll help drive the future of our app by writing scalable, maintainable code while staying at the forefront of Android technologies.
Are you passionate about contributing to Android native apps that have millions of monthly active users? Are you a great teammate who excels at working alongside designers, product managers, and QA engineers?
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 7 years of software development experience.
- You are passionate about writing elegant, readable, and well-documented code that adheres to solid design principles.
- You are skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
- You love mentoring junior & senior engineers in the team, push initiatives and simplify complex problems
- You love collaborating with others to design and deliver successful solutions.
- You have a track record of publishing apps to the Google Play store.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You’ve been designing, developing, and deploying Android applications built on Java and/or Kotlin for at least 3 years.
What You'll Do
- You'll be instrumental in the overall system design and development of a large-scale native Android application.
- You will have ownership over projects that provide a huge impact to the business.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaborate across multiple teams to build the next major iteration of the Android app.
- You will engage in new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will be a coach and mentor to others in the Engineering organization.
- You will deliver high impact user experiences that help our customers.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where highly-motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive product.
- We include a diverse group of intelligent people to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance, which is demonstrated in our open vacation policy.
- We’ll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’
mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with
RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.