The Crema Engineering team builds the technology that enables Marketing and internal RMN services to connect with RetailMeNot's 40MM users on different platforms using Transactional and Promotional messaging.
We integrate with third party marketing solution providers and leverage RetailMeNot's data to create unique and personalized User journeys. Engineers on our team work closely with Product, Marketing and other teams to build features that enhance User experience and increase engagement with our products.
Do you love building integrations with third party software? Do you love building software features leveraging Data collected from different teams? Do you want to lead and mentor a team of developers?
If so, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone who loves collaborating, provide mentorship to junior engineers, debate, decide and deliver quality software that is maintainable.
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have a track record of successful high-quality delivery of complex features, identifying any ambiguous requirements and providing clarity when needed
- You show a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- You're proficient with technologies such as Java, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, AWS, Python, MySQL, Message queues, ReactJS, Kubernetes and Docker
- You have an understanding of systems architecture technologies such as Linux, Amazon Web Services, and Docker
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, Jira, TeamCity, Confluence or similar
What You'll Do:
- Lead technical design and delivery on complex systems, with a focus on next-generation marketing automation and CRM tools
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture.
- Implement high performance, consumer scale web services to power personalization features in web and mobile applications
- Build components within our data processing pipeline to acquire, aggregate, and normalize data sets
- Work with Data Scientists to implement correlation and recommendation algorithms
- Create scripts to deploy software onto new and existing cloud server infrastructure
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver complex features across systems
- Contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Work with our product and marketing to create products and internal systems
- Mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies
- Stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating/incorporating them into your team's architecture. Technologies we use today include Java, Spring Boot, AWS, MySQL, ReactJS, message queues, Docker, Kubernetes and some Python.
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.