Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce and campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product and marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, and drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely’s impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times and many more global enterprises.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we’re quickly expanding our global presence with offices in New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Munich, and Sydney.Job Description
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enables some of the largest companies in the world to turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise-class experimentation platform, we are looking for a staff engineer to help lead and create our next wave of integration services and architectural improvements to extend our experimentation capabilities into developer tools and marketplaces such as Salesforce and Heroku. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. Scale and performance are part of everything we build. You’ll be building the foundation that empowers billions of experiences across the world’s leading websites and digital experience providers.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop an overall engineering vision and roadmap that aligns with product's technology partnership ecosystem and strategy.
- Design and implement next generation integration services and components
- Identify when to replace, reuse and when to rebuild existing integration services and components
- Design and enhance all integration services and components to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Observability, Performance, Security, etc.)
- Build strong partnership with product and technical teams, and ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to ensure smooth execution of integration projects with our technology partners
- Organize, plan, and lead large projects through to completion
- You have 5-8 years of technical experience and 2-3 years of a technical leadership role on a team in product development
- You have demonstrated experience in building integration services or components at scale
- You have demonstrated experience in designing and building high-performance, highly-available and scalable services/APIs deployed in a containerized environment
- You consider yourself a strong advocate for your product's users or customers
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically and have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends, and know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
What sets our Engineers apart:
- Work with colleagues that get you fired up every day and are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visiting our blog
- We’re engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You’ll see us at Austin Python Meetup, PyTexas and PyBay and more
- We’re not locked into a specific technology stack. You’ll be working with and selecting the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring, and observability tooling
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer best-in-class perks and benefits that support our Optinauts along their career journey with us. Read more about our culture at optimizely.com/careers.
Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.