We are the Labs team at RetailMeNot. Our charter is to rapidly experiment with innovative products and technologies to anticipate and shape the future of shopping. We take signals from research, industry changes, data and team experience to decide whether or not we should pursue an opportunity. We believe in releasing MVP’s quickly and are not afraid to throw them away if they don’t meet expectations. The team, including you, will decide which technologies are best applied to each problem.
Do you love solving user problems and technical challenges? Does evaluating new technology and evaluating how it might be used to tackle problems or improve experiences excite you? Do you want to lead and mentor a team of developers?
If so, we are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our team consisting of developers, designers, a product manager, and generalists. We are looking for someone that is a leader, confident with experimenting, and compelled to test new ideas quickly to learn and iterate.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field.
- You have worked in a R&D group or start-up.
- You have 7+ years of experience developing interactive web or mobile applications.
- You are developing backend services and APIs using Kotlin, Node, Python, or other server-side languages, and modern client-side frameworks, such as React or Vue.
- You are using Kubernetes with GCP or AWS.
- You identify ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You are skilled in building consensus with a team to get everyone committed to delivering a larger vision than they could execute on their own.
- You have an established track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- You are familiar with the differences of building a beta system for 1000 users and building it at scale for 100 million users, and you know how to transition from one to the other.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
What You'll Do
- You will develop new web and mobile solutions that enable us to validate our hypotheses quickly.
- You will contribute to the overall system design and architecture.
- You will be a coach and mentors to others in the Engineering organization.
- You will work with other multi-functional teams to identify how we can evolve our flagship product that enables people to easily discover the different ways to save.
- You will engage in new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will wear different hats, channel different points-of-view, and advocate for what’s best for the consumer and the business.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown)
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.