This positon is open to work remotely in US and Canada
Realtor.com is seeking a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. You’ll have a pivotal role in designing and implementing performance and test engineering culture, systems, and tools in a fast-paced environment. The key to this role is your proven ability to influence, mentor, and coach engineering teams to build robust and scalable web solutions with an eye for performance.
If you’re keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic applications, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on! Our exciting vision is to transform the real estate industry in supporting people to ‘love where they live’! We provide real estate professionals with the content, tools, and data intelligence they need in order to provide unparalleled service to their clients who are making big real estate decisions.
You will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading web applications and services.
Challenges you will be pursuing:
- Expected to be a champion of reliability, performance, and test automation, improving backend and frontend performance and quality metrics.
- Expected to be a champion of quality on the team and within the organization, and drive the quality mindset with coaching and mentoring.
- Be a team player: Everything happens within a team; you will have the opportunity to work with domain experts, product managers and the broader engineering team.
- Ability to pick up engineering tasks designing, developing, and maintaining product features, at a similar capability to an equivalently leveled software engineer.
- Develop and lead solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable.
- Champion test automation solutions and testing tools across the organization with reporting and alerting in place.
- Identify performance bottlenecks in the product and platform; work with other engineers to analyze and remediate issues.
- You will contribute to and lead process improvement initiatives to improve performance.
- Support over 100 million unique monthly consumer visitors.
- Manage [email protected] service handling 600M requests a day.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years experience putting in practice sound software engineering fundamentals (frontend and backend)
- Expert knowledge of Linux OS, networking, DNS, and SSL.
- Knowledge of software performance, security, E2E testing concepts, and DevOps best practices
- Experience with the AWS stack (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, RDS, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, S3, CloudFront CDN)
- Experience with API and micro service testing and NoSQL databases, preferably GraphQL or Elasticsearch
- Extensive experience monitoring, triaging, and mitigating enterprise scale applications including experience optimizing CDN, application, and browser cache layers
- Experience with performance testing tools such as K6, Lighthouse, New Relic, WebPageTest, SpeedCurve and SiteSpeed.io
- Familiarity with BDD/TDD and test automation at the unit, component and system test levels using test automation tools (ex. Cypress, Selenium, Nightwatch, Playwright, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine)
- Coach, mentor, and guide junior team members to deliver the best solution.
- Lead in the delivery of key initiatives and enablement of individuals and teams across the organization.
- Evangelize and coordinate Site Reliability Engineering practices amongst teams and collaborate on product design and execution.
- You will identify cross-team dependencies, communicate clearly with other teams and seek collaborative solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation to benefit teams by capturing and sharing knowledge relevant to product and service reliability including runbooks, knowledge bases, and wikis.
- Partner with engineering leadership to build data-driven roadmap items to address performance in critical areas.
- Track record of driving positive change, collaboratively implementing SRE processes that have improved quality metrics
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1