Staff Software Engineer
Who You Are
- You are an experienced Software Engineer who has worked extensively in a full stack development capacity and enjoys a UI challenge as much as a backend challenge
- You have extensive experience driving operational efficiency through development of smart, effective internally focused applications and tools
- You lead by example and make yourself a force multiplier, putting the team first to drive technical delivery
- You grow the technical skills of less senior engineers as you are about technical problem-solving and critical thinking
- You have strong interest in design and problem solving for large-scale distributed systems as well as tightly focused micro-services
- You take a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have 8+ yrs application development experience, preferably Java, and 4+ yrs experience with AWS
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science
- Your experience with PHP is a major plus
What You'll Do
- You will lead a team of talented engineers, establishing strong foundational technical knowledge within each team member
- You will build, enhance and refactor a variety of applications
- You will collaborate intra- and inter-team to facilitate the adoption of architectural and operational standards
- You will improve the work of everyone who uses your applications and tools because you listen thoughtfully and implement with passion and focus
- You will explore new tech to apply the best technology for solving each problem, individually while maintaining a critical balance of following engineering standards
- You stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and incorporating them into your team's architecture and infrastructure
- You drive progress towards limiting and eliminating technical debt
Who We Are
- We are a small, stable engineering team who is actively transitioning our architecture and technology stacks to scale with business needs.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from as well as an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We work on large scale challenges with varying technologies.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy
- We provide excellent perks for your enjoyment and support
- We believe by giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition so you'll be motivated to do what you enjoy...excelling
- We provide the some of the best tools to get the job done, including top-of-the-line equipment
RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following: - Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.