The Platform Service teams at RetailMeNot work on initiatives that enable us to provide users meaningful content at the right place, right time, and right price. We build APIs that deliver frictionless experience in discovery and redemption of savings while at home or in the store. We build solutions to handle complex challenges in real-time, using distributed systems. We constantly add new ways to provide more content and incremental value for our users and merchants. Technologies that we use today include GraphQL, Java, Node, RESTful APIs, Docker, and AWS.
Technical challenges on the team range across the entire stack. Our full stack engineers iterate quickly to deliver new features while maintaining high performance and scalability. They write code in all tiers of the system and are constantly on the lookout for newer and better technologies.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys tackling new challenges, working in a fast-paced environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results. You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You bring a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- You have strong understanding of systems architecture technologies including Linux, Amazon Web Services, and Docker.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- You have 7+ years of application development experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable field, or equivalent self-study.
What You'll Do
- You will develop new features in RMN services that support the web and mobile platforms.
- You will maintain and improve our software responsible for ingesting thousands of new offers per day.
- You'll contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability and performance of applications
- You'll trouble-shoot and assist with production support issues
- You'll stay ahead of new technologies and recommend technologies that best fit the team’s needs.
Who We Are
- We give our engineers a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have an open environment that encourages people to collaborate and learn from each other
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.