On the Personalization Services team at RetailMeNot, you'll be responsible for building personalized, contextually-relevant experiences for our users. You'll utilize a mix of software engineering and data science skills to build highly personalized content recommendation engines and user experiences. You'll seek solutions to a number of challenges: complex content ingestion pipelines, personalization algorithms to drive user engagement and retention, and availability of highly scalable, fault tolerant API services.
Are you someone that loves solving real user problems, building robust systems, and delivering compelling user experiences? Do you want to work on applications that help people in their everyday lives? If so, we need skilled engineers to join our team. We're looking for someone to continue evolving the architecture of our platform, advancing our already diverse technology stack.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience developing services and APIs using Node.js, Java, Python, or other server-side languages.
- Familiarity with analytics, machine learning, NLP, and information retrieval
- You have a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks and libraries.
- You love solving big problems at scale.
- You collaborate with others to deliver successful solutions.
- You have made mistakes along the way, but you learned from them.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You don't limit yourself to one end of the development stack.
What You'll Do
- You will build performant, scalable API's to power personalized user experiences
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture.
- You will recommend technologies and tools that best fit the team and organization.
- You will contribute to our microservice architecture by developing self-contained, containerized backend services.
- You will be a mentor to team members.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have hardworking engineers to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown).
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.