Staff Software Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
Looking for your next engineering gig? Khoros in Austin is looking to add more stellar Software Engineers to our already-awesome engineering team. We operate multiple SaaS applications in the Social Media space. We work in small startup-like teams and love delivering value to our customers through shipping code. We deploy as often as we can, and would love for you to deploy to production on day one.We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Our voice is critical in making our software awesome. We grow. We didn't know all of this ten years ago, and our industry is changing constantly. We want engineers that love learning, and we want experts that aim to set the bar high. We're hiring engineers to help us solve challenging problems using JVM-based, open source technologies.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: HP, Samsung, and LiveNation (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Work with a sharp, tight-knit engineering team on impactful projects
- Be on an autonomous team building interrelated microservices
- Build software using a modern Understanding of AWS products (Kinesis, EC2, DynamoDB, etc.) and of open source technologies such as Elasticsearch,
- Build software using a modern stack and robust deployment tooling, leveraging open sourced services like Kinesis/Kafka, ElasticSearch/Solr, Cassandra, MySQL, Postgres, and Kubernetes/Docker as well cloud-native services like EC2, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and Lambda
- Collaborate with design and product teammates to build products that will generate the most value for customers
- 10+ years building software using Java and Scala based technologies
- 10+ years working closely with other engineers, collaborating via git, pull requests, and code reviews
- An understanding of good software development practices, patterns, and architecture