At RetailMeNot, we believe that gaining valuable insights using our data is core to our future success. The Data team at RetailMeNot is responsible for developing core datasets and for exposing data services consumed by product, data science and business teams. Daily, we collect approximately a terabyte of analytics events and process hundreds of terabytes of data. Our team works efficiently to deliver new features for real-time and batch processing services. We use primarily AWS cloud services and Kubernetes to build and deploy services quickly, at scale and with no downtime.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field.
- You have 7+ years professional experience in software development.
- You have a point of view on the technologies we are currently using: Spark, Athena, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Cloudwatch, Sentry, Luigi, Redshift, Python and experience building on some.
- You have a deep knowledge of natural language processing, text mining and statistics.
- You take pride in mentoring junior and other senior engineers and consider the progress of your team members a key indicator of your performance.
- You have an evolved sense of test and validation practices in a modern data architecture.
- You bring specific experience in Neural Networks, preferably RNNs, LSTMs and Deep Learning.
- You have experience with Topic Modeling, Parsing, Semantic Composition and Relationship Extraction.
- You have the ability to apply a pragmatic approach to problem solving, establishing conceptual connections to data sources, understanding relationships among data, and comfort with uncertainties/approximations.
What You'll Do
- You’ll mentor and guide a talented group of early and mid-career engineers.
- You will collaborate with other Software Engineers to enhance the state of technology and architecture of RetailMeNot as a whole
- You will write and deliver software as a member of an Agile scrum team.
- You’ll cultivate and enhance a culture built around standard methodologies for testing, automation, and monitoring.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the business and use that knowledge to collaboratively build a roadmap for the next major iteration of the API to support where the business is heading.
- You’ll bring expertise in distributed systems to improve reliability, scalability, and performance of an API serving millions of customers.
- You will work together with your Agile team to improve process and delivery through collaborative problem solving.
Who We Are
- We believe our technologists should make technology decisions. We give engineers a great deal of freedom to make technical choices and to collaboratively define our technical roadmap.
- We believe the role of engineering leadership is to create and maintain an organization that empowers engineers to thrive and build efficiently
- We devote a ton of effort and resources to hiring and retaining a team of excellent engineers because we believe that extraordinary engineers are happiest when they have a supportive and equally exceptional team helping them to succeed and grow.
- We are a polyglot company that utilizes dynamic and static languages, some functional, and others object oriented.
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’
mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with
RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.