Systems Engineer at Blackbaud
Blackbaud is seeking a Systems Engineer to work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. You will play an instrumental role in our journey to a public cloud model while also sustaining a high level of quality in our current co-located data centers, responsible for both cloud-based and physical infrastructure and application solutions. You’ll use your advanced technology and automation skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies, while relentlessly pursuing opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments by proactively monitoring and responding to events.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions to innovate solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Keep up with industry trends and effectively adapt to demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Demonstrative experience in Windows Server and IIS Administration Fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration and Always on Failover Cluster Instances and Availability Groups
- Practical experience with Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience managing Citrix XenApp enterprise environments is preferred
- Practical experience in software engineering best practices such as design patterns, decoupled architectures, and test-driven development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Innovative and adaptable in problem-solving; ability to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.