Team Lead Systems Engineer, App Management at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the Role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Systems Engineer Team Lead to both oversee and work among a passionate team responsible for fast and effective operations support and for engineering innovative infrastructure and application solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. The Application Management Team is accountable for the day-to-day service operations, activities, processes, and infrastructure. They specialize in Release and Deployment Management, Service Request Fulfillment, and Incident Management; while also contributing to the organization's Capacity Management, Information Security Management, Change Management, Asset and Configuration Management, and Problem Management to help drive continual process improvement across service strategy, design, and transition.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to pivot your focus between both leading a team through day-to-day activities, as well as contributing to the day-to-day workload and output of the team. As a Team Lead, you will oversee a team of Systems Engineers responsible for cloud based and colocation applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that develops, recognizes and retains the best people and challenges them to advance their technical and engineering skills to meet the demands of rapidly evolving technologies and to transition from colocation to cloud based applications.
- Direct daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and ensuring problems are identified and solved quickly and efficiently.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system design and application architecture to expedite the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems
- Coach and train system engineers in automation methodologies such as Windows PowerShell Essentials, Scripting, and Toolmaking
- Responsible for the overall health and stability of supported applications, systems and environments.
- Standardize and automate change, validation, and deployment processes to increase efficiency and reduce risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Proactively monitor capacity and performance management measures to ensure quality and support business growth.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Lead teams in technical design, planning, and in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments within assigned responsibilities (application delivery) on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions to innovate solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- 8+ years of experience in Windows Server and IIS Administration Fundamentals, and managing Citrix XenApp, VMware vSphere, & Active Directory environments
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Always On Failover Cluster Instances, Availability Groups, and System Center Operations Manager preferred.
- Practical experience with PowerShell, Perl, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or equivalent technologies required.
- Experience implementing cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL or ISO27001 required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.