OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, named a 2020 “Best Places to Work” by Built in Austin. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000 small business owners and independent professionals attract and retain high potential customers.
OutboundEngine is looking for a hands-on Software Architect to lead our talented engineering team and transition our legacy SaaS offering to a cloud native application architecture. You will work closely with engineering, QA, DevOps and product teams to help define how we build, test and ship our products. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment, and must be able to prioritize, multi-task and manage your workload while providing guidance to other team members. You will lead all efforts to improve existing processes with automation and industry best practices for continuous integration and delivery.
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Architect and lead development of scalable, secure, highly available cloud-native applications in a microservice architecture on AWS
- Lead efforts for evaluation and selection of technologies to utilize for development
- Drive the adoption and implementation of best practices for the development team in an agile environment
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches and to assess emerging technologies
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure delivered solutions meet specifications based on functional/technical requirements
- Actively engage with other team members as a mentor for their career goals
- Collaborate with engineering management to scale the team as our service offering evolves
Technologies We Use: Tomcat, Spring / Spring Boot, Java, React, ExtJS, DataDog, MongoDB, MariaDB, EC2, ECS Jenkins, Docker
- 10+ years of experience delivering production quality software applications and at least 3+ years in a leadership or Architect role
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems. Experience in transitioning a legacy system to cloud native
- Extensive Java, Spring/Spring Boot experience
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Mongo, Redis, etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Experience with email security and delivery services preferred.
- Comfortable working with offshore teams
- Must be authorized to work within the United States
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Monthly snack stipend, monthly lunch and cold brew on tap!
- Company-paid parking, bus or metro pass
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employee success!
No relocation assistance is available