Technical Artist, Professional Services at Unity
Unity's Consulting & Development team is looking for a technical artist to help solve customer problems across different verticals, including gaming, automotive, and industrial. Our customers range from small, independent studios to globally-recognized brands.
Together, we’ll work to optimize their workflows, achieve their visual targets, and provide customized guidance on how best to use the Unity Engine. Your day-to-day work includes creating tailored solutions to meet their needs, and ensuring the success of their projects will often require independent internal research.
If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, curious and independent, this job will suit you. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and welcome applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Develop and maintain art production workflow/pipeline by writing scripts/tools to aid artists to create more efficiently
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop, optimize, and integrate art assets into their applications without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding platform requirements
- Create or modify custom shaders for Unity applications
- Build close relationships with client teams and with Unity's internal R&D teams
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate and assist clients ramp up on using the Unity Engine effectively
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Portfolio of previous work
- Strong understanding of PBR lighting models and its interaction with materials
- Experience writing shaders for real-time rendering
- Professional experience working in real-time game engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine, or in-house)
- Basic scripting skills using C# or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Self-driven and a great team-player
- Developer-focused, professional attitude, with an empathy for customers
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25%
- Familiarity with the following tools: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop, Houdini, PiXYZ, or VRED
- Experience creating particles or other VFX
- Experience with creating VR or AR games or applications
- Profiling and performance optimization of applications
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.