Technical Lead - Delivery
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by developing and applying new technologies to solve business problems that are important to our clients.
As a Technical Lead on our Delivery team you will be responsible for understanding and implementing our solutions based on clients’ requirements by deploying cognitive solutions and executing these in a cloud or dedicated environment. This involves analysis, planning and technical expertise to implement a solution that will meet business needs and client commitments. As a technical expert, you will provide guidance as well as hands on execution of technical components and solutions. Additionally, the Technical Lead works with architects and engineering leads to review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives of the client.
Whether working directly with clients, contributing to internal initiatives, giving technical talks, or supporting client delivery, you will be on the cutting edge of the AI revolution. You can speak the language of any department and are equally comfortable working with developers, user experience designers, project managers, sales teams, and DevOps folks. In this role, you will have the opportunity to put cognitive computing in action to truly change the world! Come join us on our journey....
We are looking for a person who:
- Has strong footing on technologies / components / concepts powering a full-stack foundational capability for developing and deploying Cognitive (AI) Solutions
- Has strong experience in client facing and capable of liaison and customer management
- Is able to balance multiple projects and priorities and knows when to ask for help
- Will become an expert in CognitiveScale’s product offerings and how to apply them to solving specific problems for our customers
- Can coordinate with the delivery, engineering, and devops teams all the delivery activities and act as escalation point for all development issues specific to the project
- Will work collaboratively with remote teams to ensure smooth delivery, determining requirements and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Has a passion for learning - continuously learns to build new skill sets that advance their skills in the AI space
- Has a strategic point of view - a system thinker that keeps the customer success in mind throughout the project lifecycle.
- Has strong collaborative skills coupled with ability to question
- Collaborate with peers on software design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces, contracts with storage system, data transformation and handoff to client technical team.
- Keep on top of task and defect management system for assigned issues for each iteration as well as estimate and assess work priority.
- Participate in creating SOWs (Statement of Work) and Document final solutions for customers
- Plan by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for a release
- Plan and execute an incremental and iterative software development process
- Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Make a fun environment working with a great team and create cutting edge software
- 5+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming or Functional Programing
- Ability to travel to customer sites to plan, integrate, and deliver solutions. 25-50% travel may be required
- STRONG ability to design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
- Experience working on large software systems, particularly distributed systems and microservices architectures
- Experience architecting large software systems and enterprise integrations
- Solid grasp and fluent in common design patterns
- Experience working with large transactional data streams and combining transactional data with web, social and mobile data streams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture" and prioritize
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to both internal and external teams in relevant business terms
- Some experience with performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
- Support, maintain and document software functionality and software design and architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science, Math, or Engineering major is preferable.
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.